HCSEG secured a two year contract with the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction that provided $465,000 per year (2021-2023) for Salmon in the Schools (SITS) programs in elementary schools designated as high-poverty in Washington State.
HCSEG partnered with 14 other organizations for this funding opportunity, which allowed SITS programs to be implemented in almost every region across the state. The 14 SITS partners include:
- Benton Conservation District,
- Cascade Columbia Fisheries Enhancement Group,
- Grays Harbor Conservation District,
- Columbia Springs,
- Foss Waterway Seaport,
- Mid-Columbia Fisheries Enhancement Group,
- Mid-Sound Fisheries Enhancement Group,
- Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Group,
- North Olympic Salmon Coalition,
- Skagit Fisheries Enhancement Group,
- Sound Salmon Solutions,
- South Puget Sound Salmon Enhancement Group,
- Tri-State Steelheaders Regional Fisheries Enhancement Group, and
- Yakima Basin Environmental Education Program.